These are a really effective way of adding seasonal decoration throughout your home, and they’re so easy to make! This hoop uses spring foliage, but you could extend it’s life by adding Easter decorations. Later in the year you can re-use the hoop for Christmas, using winter branches and holly leaves, and red/green ribbon.
You will need:
- A plastic hula hoop
- A fabric of your choice – plain linen, burlap or hessian looks fab, but you may want to use a block colour or patterned design to make your hoop really stand out!
- Masking tape
- Scissors – for cutting your fabric, so make sure they’re strong
- String – plain or green – I’ve used natural jute twine
- Foliage selection – leaves, branches, berries etc. Fresh flowers will look beautiful but you may want to consider using artificial greenery if you want to leave the hoop up after spring has passed
- Additional decorations – you can add extra interest but adorning your hoop with ribbons, small Easter eggs, copper wire lights etc. Have fun customising your hoop with whatever you like!